Tuesday, September 11, 2001

Tragedy in the US

At just before 9am today a commercial airline crashed into one of the World Trade Center buildings in New York. Another plane crashed again at 9am into the other tower. Both towers came down because of the damage at 10 and 10:30. During this time a plane crashed into the helicopter landing pad at the Pentagon. I've heard an unconfirmed report that another plane has crashed in Pittsburg.

The only news I can reach are Boston.com and The Nando Times. I tried to search daypop, but got only one eyewitness response that spoke about the crashes. I wouldn't call it awesome though.

As I watched one building come down, all I could think of was how many people had not evacuated yet. I thought of the people crammed into stairways trying to get out, panicking and pushing, afraid for their lives. As the building came down, I wondered how many people were left. As I watched rescue workers rush to the scene, and heard the announcer say that every rescue worker in the city was rushing to the scene, I wondered if there would be more. If this were just a precurser for more destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment